POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Command-line only usage for Povray 3.5 for Windows : Re: Command-line only usage for Povray 3.5 for Windows Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Command-line only usage for Povray 3.5 for Windows
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Sep 2002 08:13:14
Message: <3D79ED58.D85376AE@gmx.de>
Fidel viegas wrote:

> I think there is a version of povray 3.5 for cygwin somewhere on the web. I
> don't really remember where I saw it, but you could try the povray.unix
> newsgroup.

No, POV-Ray 3.5 does not seem to compile correctly without the unix
emulation DLL from cygwin (it compiles, but the resulting binary isn't
functional). A program linked with that library requires to be under open
source licence for distribution.  You can compile POV-Ray 3.5 fairly
straight away with cygwin, but you probably won't find a compiled binary
for distribution.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,